New facility opening and seeking highly motivated and energetic person to manage quality early childhood center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Selected candidate will be responsible for the day to day operations of child care facility while maintaining center’s compliance with Ohio Department of Job and Family Services Licensing Rules, Step Up to Quality, and Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Guidelines.
Hire, train and supervise staff. Develop and supervise classroom program, curriculum and schedules to ensure best practices and developmentally appropriate practices.
Focus on establishing and maintaining on-going marketing efforts to sustain enrollment. Meets expectations for delivering customer acquisition and retention, quality program, financial management, and operational compliance.
Coordinate parent partnership plan including orientations, workshops, parent groups,newsletters, bulletin boards and parent class involvement activities.
Competencies & Specific Skill Requirements
Knowledge of child care licensing regulations. Excellent communication skills both orally and written; good presentation skills; Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff and outside agencies; Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and report writing skills; Ability to supervise employees effectively; Computer skills including word processing and on-line operations. Must be able to effectively and productively work with people of diverse economic, cultural and administrative backgrounds.
Education /Experience Required
Combination of experience and education normally represented by an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Must meet state licensing requirements including:
- Bachelor’s degree with 12 credits in ECE, child development or related field plus 1 year of teaching experience in child care setting and 1 year of supervisory experience -OR-
- Associate degree in ECE or related field degree plus 2 years of teaching experience in a child care setting and 2 years of supervisory experience -OR-
- CDA with a plan of study to a degree plus 3 years of teaching experience in a child care setting and 2 years of supervisory experience
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Medical and dental insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Child care discounts
How to Apply: We encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter (including the position that you are interested in) by fax at (440)944-5933, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Early Steps Learning Center
Attn: Human Resources
27027 Chardon Road
Richmond Heights, OH 44143