ESLC takes pride in practicing standards that are higher than state requirements. Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s voluntary quality rating system for Ohio-licensed child care programs which recognizes early care and education programs that exceed quality benchmarks over and above Ohio’s licensing standards.
The steps are based on national research identifying the key benchmarks that lead to improved outcomes for children. These benchmarks include:
- low child to staff ratios
- teachers and staff have higher education qualifications
- teachers and staff receive ongoing training
- teachers use a written plan of activities that covers all areas of development
- program builds relationship with families