At Early Steps Learning Centers, we believe in coming together with you, the family, to provide a unified approach to educating children. The center was founded on the belief that high quality childcare and early education benefits the growth and development of the youngest child in our school community, as well as their families and caregivers. We strive to provide a nurturing, safe, and secure environment that allows children to:
- Take full advantage of their curiosity.
- Promote a sense of self value.
- Acceptance of diversity; self-respect and respect of others.
- Development of self-regulation
- Recognize one’s creativity and imagination.
- Development of critical thinking skills
Additionally, ESLC understands that many times, children lead double lives, one at the childcare center, and the other at home. Therefore, our principle-based learning focuses on the moral aspect of life, so often missing from today’s educational institutions. Our teaching team emphasize love, empathy, honesty, responsibility, and citizenship daily. We feel that it is important that the foundation of leadership in a community and at home to be created from a very early age.
In the movie, “The Wizard of OZ”, Dorothy learned that there truly is “no place like home”. At Early Steps Learning Centers, we strive to be a “home away from home” for children. Our mission is to provide a nurturing, safe and secure environment infused with fun and learning.
Our staff is devoted to our philosophy of providing a safe, secure, caring and stimulating environment to help our children develop socially, emotionally and intellectually.
- ‘Feels like Home’ Environment: Our Centers are a warm, secure and loving place for children to play and learn.
- Curriculum-Based Learning: Starting in our Infant program, our classrooms follow a Curriculum that prepares the children for kindergarten. Our Curriculum is based on the belief that children learn through play, exploration and hands-on experiences.
- Individuality: We recognize that each child is unique and strive to help him/her to develop and grow at his/her own pace. We also teach the children to be proud of who they are and respect themselves.
- Teamwork: We foster an atmosphere of openness between parents and the Center staff and encourage teamwork to reach child development goals. For the children, we teach teamwork by focusing on interpersonal skills and personal responsibility.
- Diversity: Our Centers are committed to developing appreciation and respect for all people.
- Fun!: We want our children to enjoy their experiences every day at our Centers. Our motto, “Where Every Day is A Fun Day”, reminds the staff daily of the importance of having fun in all that we do.